Monday, November 19, 2007

Fight Club

Though fighting does not come naturally to me, but thats what I did, during my last few days of student life. I was never like this earlier. Infact, I always thought I am too sensitive, reasonable and pussilanimous to fight anyone. But, I proved myself wrong. I fought and fought hard 18 hours a day for 4 long months. The rest 6 hours were reserved for sleeping, eating and discharging cumulatively. To make matter worse, those with whom i was fighting with were my best friends on campus. The sight of others mugging Brearly Myers for placement season didn't perturb me or any of my friends. We all had his one vision, to be the best fighter in KuntryKlub, if not in the whole campus.

Though no one admitted it, but everyone used to train hard alone at night in their locked rooms. And the difference was there to be seen every day. A new strategy was tried by somebody to catch a stronger opponent off guard. I remem Bihari raiding my civilization with 20 odd men at arms within first 15 min when my villagers were busy killing wild boar, or Chuchu trying a multiple tower attack near my towncentre before I could finish all the gathered sheep. This was one thing that completely frustated my plans for hitting castle in 18 min....and further delayed my march to imperial. Though, they became too predictible towards the end.

Though, the best remembered games were played between Jena and Chacha. They used to start the game after dinner just to finish it before breakfast. That too with someone forcing either one to attack the other. Things would have been different only if they could have concentrated as hard in Randy's lecture.

Now, 3 years down the line, only memories are left but am sure no one would mind one more go at his fav. opponent, just to prove one last time who was better.

6 comments:

Vibhash Prakash Awasthi said...

hope u remember the last game whn i screwed u again with my multi tower strategy....as always, i had the last laugh

Dreamer said...

yes i do remember, it was during our fourth trimester. Alas, that was your last win before a streak of losses.

Saumyajit said...

bhejta hoon 50 teutonic knights...tumhara dhajjiyan udaa dega :)

Rishav said...

Those were the days...I was always a good multiplayer player...

And chacha and jen's games rocked..

I still remeber chacha and Jena fighting with 100 paladins each in neutral territory

Vibhash Prakash Awasthi said...

wht abt tiger....

Dreamer said...

Tiger used to say only 1 thing sitting behind chuchu...hum dekh rahe hai tumhari army nahi ban rahi hai.....army banao army.

Waise tiger ke baare mein bihari se poocho......dono mein kaafi pyaar tha.